Driving license has emerged as a very important document under which persons above 18 years of age have to drive vehicles across India without any legal hassles. As per the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, it is mandatory for a vehicle owner in India to possess a valid driving license to drive the vehicle on all public roads in India.
Significantly, now you can download driving license online with some easy steps. A digital driver’s license is a secure copy of your physical driving license that you can conveniently save on your smartphone.
A digital driver’s license has the same authenticity as your physical driver’s license. Check the steps given below:
Method 1 Download Digital Driving Licence Online By Visiting Parivahan Sewa website
- Log in to the Transport Services website
- Click on the option of “Driving License-Related Services” in the “Online Services” section
- Select the state name from the drop-down menu provided
- Click on “Print Driving License” in the “Driving License” section
- Do not forget to include your application number and date of birth
- After selecting the “Submit” button and checking your Driving License details, you can print the license or save it in PDF form
Method 2 Download Digital Driving Licence By Launching Digilocker Application
- You need to launch the “DigiLocker” app on your smartphone
- Select the option “Driving License” from the “Documents you may require” section of the homepage
- Select “Ministry of Road and Transport Highways” from the option list
- Enter your “Driving License Number” and select “Get Documents”.
- You will get a pdf download option for driver’s license.
Method 3 Visit Digilocker Website
- Log in to your account by visiting the Digilocker website
- On the top left corner, select the “Search Document” link
- Select “Driver’s License” from the menu
- Ministry of Road Transport and Highways should be tapped
- Enter your “Driving License Number” and select the option “Get Documents”