PAN form 49 A is designed for the use of Indian citizens, entities incorporated in India, unincorporated entities formed in India and Indian companies. PAN application form 49 A governed under rule 114 of the Income Tax rules, 1962. Form is available both offline and online. You can download the PAN form from the NSDL website.
Structure of Form 49 A
- Filling of personal details like address, name, contact details along with signature,and photograph on the submitted documents.
- The first two pages of the form need to be filled by the applicant and in the remaining pages, instructions mentioned for filling Form 49 A.
Detailed list of Form 49 A Fields
Assessing Officer (AO Code)
It consists of the Area Code, Range code, AO number ,and AO type. It is to be filled by the applicant and for this, information can be generated online on NSDL Website’s AO Code search for PAN.
Make selection of the title from Mr. and Mrs. and in the blocks provided, write your full name.
Here you need to mention an abbreviation of your name which will print on your PAN card. Always make use of the name that is present on your other documents as well.
Do you have any other name?
In case you have two names, you should mention that second name also in this section.
Mention your gender in this section
Date of Birth/Incorporation/Agreement/Partnership or Trust Deed/ Formation of Body of individuals or Association of Persons
It is to be filled only by individual applicants.
You need to mention in this section, your office address and residential address. In the next section, mark the address (office or residence) that you want to keep as your address for communication. On this same address, your PAN card will be dispatched.
Contact details and E-mail ID
Status of the Applicant
The applicant can fall in any one of the following categories-
- Hindu Undivided Family
- Partnership Firm
- Association of Persons
- Body of Individuals
- Local Authority
- Artificial Juridical Persons
- Limited Liability Partnership
It is to be filled in the PAN form only by LLPs, Companies etc.
Source of Income
You can make a selection from the following as per your convenience:
- Capital Gains
- Income from Business /Profession
- Income from Other sources
- Income from House property
- No income
Representative Assessee (RA)
If you are making your income tax filed by another person, then it is must to mentioned her/his address and name in the PAN card form.
Submission of Documents
- Identity Proof
- Address Proof
- Date of Birth Proof
In the end, the applicant needs to fill his name along with the date and place of application and sign the form.
Procedure to fill form 49 A via offline mode.
Some necessary steps to follow in order to file an application for a PAN card through offline methods:
- You need to download the FORM 49 A from the official website of the Income Tax Department of India or can also make a visit to any Income Tax Pan service Centre which is managed by UTI Infrastructure and Services Limited (UTIISL).
- After downloading the form or collecting the form, fill-up the form with all sections in the 08 pages.
- After filling up the PAN application form, you will have to send a demand draft of Rs.107 including tax along with the application form. An additional amount of Rs.887 is to be charged if the PAN application form needs to be sent outside India.
- Make sure that form must be sent along with a copy of your address proof and identity proof. INCOME TAX PAN SERVICES UNIT (Managed by NSDL e-Governance, Infrastructure Limited), 5th Floor, Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune – 411 016.
Procedure to fill form 49 A via online mode
- To apply for PAN Card online, visit the website of NSDL where you can fill all the required information.
- Click on the “Apply Now” Tab to fill the online Application form for New PAN card.
- Fill your PAN application form online and click on Submit Button.
- Verify your details and click on Proceed to Payment Button.
- Make a payment. This is a one-time fee.
- After making a successful Payment, download and print your pre-filled application form (along with the Instruction sheet).
- Paste photo, sign, attach documents and post to our address (You will get the postal address on the instruction sheet)