PAN Card is an essential document, issued by the Income Tax Department of India. It is an alphanumeric code that is assigned or given to all individuals and entities that fall under the provision of the Income Tax Act 1961. The PAN card act as a link to all the financial transactions so that no tax evasion can take place.
In earlier times, to apply for PAN Card is a long and tedious process. After applying, the applicant is receiving a PAN Card after taking a long period. Understanding a time factor, the government comes up with the fast track process which makes it possible for an applicant to get PAN Card in 48 hours.
PAN card used for all financial purposes such as for opening a bank account, buying of a motor vehicle and for filing income tax returns and many more.
PAN Card is a photo identity issued by the Government of India. It serves as an identity proof anywhere in the country. Its validity is for a lifetime.
What is the process to apply for PAN Card in 48 hours?
Usually, after submitting the PAN card, it takes 15-20 working days to issue a PAN card. But now the Income Tax Department makes a provision to get a PAN card in 2 days.
Steps to get a PAN card in 48 hours are:
Visit the NSDL website and select the appropriate form from the options provided.
After reading the guidelines, select the type of form (with or without Digital Signature Certificate) and type of applicant from the drop-down menu and proceed to fill in the details requested.
Once you have filled in the details and uploaded the relevant documents, submit the form.
You will receive an acknowledgment in the form of your application number, which you can use to track the status of your application.
You will receive your PAN card within 48 hours through registered post once the details submitted by you have been verified and processed.
What all needs to be done to get PAN Card within 48 hours?
- An Individual or entity needs to submit a form to the Income Tax Department with the mentioning of the details such as name, address, age and date of registration in case applying PAN card for Firms or Corporate bodies.
- Applicants can apply for PAN card both via online and offline mode. Those who want to go with online mode can visit the NSDL website and upload the required documents. Those who want to apply for PAN Card via offline mode can download the form from NSDL website and after that submit the form along with documents supporting to application to any nearest PAN service center.
How to check the verification status after submitting of the PAN details?
- Log on NSDL financial service website.
- For replacement or reprint of PAN card, enter your existing PAN card number.
- For those applying for a PAN card for the first time, enter the applicable coupon code.
- Once the code or the PAN number has been entered, enter the captcha.
- Click on submit.
- The website will display the PAN verification status.
- Applicants will have to check the verification status within 5 days of receiving the acknowledgment.