DigiLocker services are available through the MyGov helpdesk chatbot on WhatsApp, and you can download your documents linked to your Aadhaar card using DigiLocker. Downloading your documents through WhatsApp can save you a lot of time.
What is DigiLocker?
DigiLocker is the flagship initiative of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) under the Digital India programme. DigiLocker aims to empower citizens by providing access to authentic digital documents in a digital document wallet of citizens. As per Rule 9A of the Information Technology (Protection and Retention of Information by Intermediaries Providing Digital Locker Facilities) Rules, 2016, documents issued in the DigiLocker system are treated at par with original physical documents.
How to sign in into DigiLocker?
To log in to your DigiLocker account, you can follow the given steps below.
- Open the DigiLocker app or visit the official site of the platform.
- If you are using the DigiLocker app you only need a 4-digit MPIN to sign in.
- If you are visiting the website directly you need to click on the ‘Sign In’ button on the homepage.
- Now you will get three alternatives to sign in i.e. Aadhaar Number/OTP, Username and Password and via Facebook ID.
- Any one of them can be selected. You can upload your certificates & documents into your DigiLocker account once you log in.
- Important Digital documents anytime and anywhere.
- Documents that are authentic and legally equivalent to originals.
- Exchange of digital documents with the consent of the citizen.
- Service delivery has been improved in the areas of government benefits, employment, financial inclusion, education, and health.
Which documents can be stored in DigiLocker?
Documents such as educational certificates, PAN Card, driving license, vehicle ownership documents, identification card issued by government agencies like Aadhaar Card and so on can be stored in DigiLocker.
What is the Storage Space in DigiLocker?
1 GB of storage Space is offered to the users to store documents in DigiLocker.
What are the requirements to use DigiLocker?
The users need to possess an Aadhaar Card to use the DigiLocker facility.
To sign-up for the DigiLocker, the user should first enter the Aadhaar Card number. After entering the Aadhaar Card number, the one-time password will be sent to the Aadhaar linked mobile number, which has to be entered to sign-up.
For further log-ins, the user can set their password which links the account to Facebook or Google logins.
Who are the Stakeholders of DigiLocker?
There are three stakeholders for DigiLocker Platform. They are Citizens, Issuers, and Requesters.
Ministry of Road Transport and Highways Partners with DigiLocker
The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has partnered with DigiLocker to make digital Vehicle Registration Certificates (RC) available to Indian citizens, according to the official website of DigiLocker – https://digilocker.gov.in/
Under the partnership, DigiLocker will now directly integrate with the National Register, which is the national database of driving license and vehicle registration data across the country, said DigiLocker. The users of DigiLocker can now easily access the digital form of RC both on their mobile devices and on computers.
Benefits of Digital Vehicle Registration Certificates
• As per the DigiLocker, the digital vehicle registration certificates will minimize the use of physical documents.
• The citizens can share the authentic digital certificates directly from the data source.
• The digital certificates can be shared with other departments as a proof of address and proof of identity thereby reducing the administrative work.
• The digital registration certificate can be spot verified for authenticity either by scanning the QR code on digital documents or by using the QR scan facility on DigiLocker mobile application.
Steps for Securing Digital Vehicle Registration Certification Through DigiLocker
• Users should first link their Aadhaar Card number with DigiLocker account.
• Once it is done, they have to click on the Pull Partner Documents section.
• Then select the issuer and the type of document and enter the document related details.
• The document will be fetched from the database.
• Now save a permanent link (URL) to this digital document under the “Issued Documents” section for later use.
Steps to Download DigiLocker Documents via WhatsApp-
- Save +91-9013151515 as MyGov Helpdesk in your contacts.
- Look for MyGov Helpdesk on WhatsApp.
- Type Digilocker, Namaste, or Hello to activate the chatbot.
- The available options will be displayed by the chatbot.
- When prompted if you have a Digilocker account, choose Yes, followed by Digilocker services.
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhar number when the chatbot asks for it. It is necessary to link and authenticate your Digilocker account.
- Enter the one-time password (OTP) that was sent to your registered mobile number.
- The chatbot will display a list of documents associated with your Aadhar number after you accept the OTP.
- Click on the document you want to download to open it.
- The document will be downloaded using WhatsApp.
How to upload documents in Digital Locker
1) Download the Digi Locker app and then log in
2) Then click on upload document.
3) Now, click on the upload icon.
4) Select the file you want to upload from local drive and select ‘Open’ for upload.
5) Click on ‘Select Doc Type’ to specify the type of the uploaded file. Here all the documents will be displayed together.
6) After selecting the document type, click on Save. The user can also change the name of the file.
Apart from this, DigiLocker has introduced some other new services. These new services include car insurance, water bill (in Jammu and Kashmir) and enterprise certificate etc.
Users can store their Aadhaar card details, SSC as well as HSC marksheets, driving license details, caste and income certificates, and even COVID-19 vaccination certificates, along with other government IDs, in one consolidated place Can get it.
Pension certificates through DigiLocker
The digital platform has been issuing pension certificates for some time now. In the latest development, Bank of Maharashtra will now issue pension certificates to the elderly. The move is aimed to bring convenience for the senior citizens of the country.
How to get your pension certificate from DigiLocker
There are only a few steps involved in getting your pension certificate.
- Log in to your account on the web or from the app on your smartphone. You will be asked for your Aadhaar number/ phone number and 6 digit security pin to sign-in. You will receive an OTP which will give you access to your locker.
- After logging in, look for “Bank of Maharashtra Pension Certificates in the carousel” or go to “Search Documents” in the leftmost menu of the website.
- Type “pension document” and you will get several options. Select “Bank of Maharashtra”.
- After clicking on the link from the carousel or list, you will get a small form in which you will have to enter the date of birth and PPO number of the pensioner.
- “Click on the checkmark below the PPO number row to provide consent for DigiLocker to share my details with the issuers for the purpose of fetching my documents.”
- Once done, click on “Get Document” and it will be made available to you.
Results on DigiLocker
Recently, DigiLocker provided the facility to school students to check their CBSE Class 10 and 12 results. Students just had to punch in their roll number and year and the results appeared on the screens.
DigiLocker on WhatsApp
Earlier this year, WhatsApp users in India were given access to DigiLocker using the government’s MyGov helpdesk chatbot. If you want to access your documents, send a message saying “DigiLocker” to +91-9013151515 on the messaging app. It will give users the option to create and authenticate their DigiLocker account as well as download documents
According to the DigiLocker website data, the number of users has grown exponentially from 20125 to 2022. Currently, 128.38 million Indians use the services and have issued around 5.6 billion documents on the digital service.
Download CBSE Term 2 Result from DigiLocker App
- Either visit digilocker.gov.in or open DigiLocker app in your device.
- Login using your mobile number.
- Select CBSE option.
- Select Class 10 Result 2022 or Class 12 Result 2022.
- Fill in the required information.
- Your class 10th term 2 result or class 12th term 2 result will be displayed on the screen.
- Download the Class 10th Term 2 Marksheet and take a printout of it for future reference.
How to change your mobile number linked with your DigiLocker app
STEP 01: Open the DigiLocker app on your smartphone
STEP 02: Sign in to your account with your username and enter your 6 digit security code.
STEP 03: Your DigiLocker mobile number will receive an OTP to verify your login information.
STEP 04: Under the Enter OTP box, select the option “Update your mobile number”.
STEP 05: Enter the UIDAI OTP sent to the mobile number linked with your Aadhaar card.
STEP 06: Enter the OTP sent by DigiLocker to your new mobile number to verify your login details.
How to link Aadhaar card with DigiLocker
Linking Aadhaar with DigiLocker is easy. If you have your Aadhaar linked mobile number with you, you can easily link your Aadhaar with DigiLocker. Here’s how you can link your Aadhaar with DigiLocker in 6 easy steps
Step 1: Log in to your DigiLocker account using your credentials.
Step 2: After logging in correctly using the credentials, you will get an option link on the dashboard asking you to enter your Aadhaar number.
Step 3: Enter your Aadhaar number correctly and click on the check box.
Step 4: Click on the link now option on the page.
Step 5: You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number. Now, enter the OTP correctly in the required fields.
Step 6: Now, click on the ‘Verify’ option.
How to open an NPS account with a driving licence on DigiLocker
- Open the NPS Registration page. (https://enps.nsdl.com)
- Select the Driving License option under “New Registration with Documents with DigiLocker” (DL).
- You will be redirected to the DigiLocker website. You can then login using your login information and allow document sharing with CRA.
- Give NPS access to your issued documents and DigiLocker.
- The account opening page will calculate all the demographic data and photo from your driving license.
- Provide your PAN, personal information, bank account details and other information to complete the application.
- Now you can contribute to NPS
- Your NPS account has been opened.
Steps to download or verify policy bonds in DigiLocker
DigiLocker is a digital platform under the Digital India Program that allows individuals to obtain legitimate documents/certificates in the online form from their respective sources. Policyholders can download or validate policy bonds in DigiLocker by following the procedures below.
- The policyholder is required to enter the policy number after successfully authenticating with Aadhaar from their mobile app.
- The DigiLocker app will then verify certain credentials of the subscriber such as name and date of birth from the Aadhaar database with that registered on the Postal Life Insurance database.
- Upon effective authentication, the policyholder can download the policy bond and they can also access the same under the “Issued Documents” section of the DigiLocker mobile app.