The Staff Selection Commission has invited applications for over 24000 SSC GD Constable posts, candidates can apply on the official website – ssc.nic.in till November 30.
SSC GD Constable recruitment 2022: The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) invited applications to the posts of constable (GD) in Central Para Military Forces (CAPFs), SSF and Assam Rifles and Sepoy (Sepoy) in Narcotics Control Bureau Examination 2022. Interested and eligible candidates can apply online through the official website at ssc.nic.in. Candidates can apply for the posts or through the direct link given below
SSC GD Constable Recruitment 2022: Important dates
- Commencement of application process: October 27, 2022
- Last date to apply for SSC GD constable: November 30
- SSC GD Constable exam date: January, 2023
SSC GD recruitment 2022 vacancy details
The commission is conducting a recruitment drive to fill 24369 vacancies.
- BSF: 10497 posts
- CISF: 100 posts
- CRPF: 8911 posts
- SSB: 1284 posts
- ITBP: 1613 posts
- AR: 1697 posts
- SSF:103 posts
SSC GD Constable 2022 Educational Qualification
The candidates should have passed Matriculation or the 10th Class Exam from a recognized Board/ University.
SSC GD Constable 2022 Age Limit
Candidates applying for constable posts must be 18-23 years of age as of 01-01-2023.SSC GD Constable Recruitment 2022 Official Notification
SSC GD Constable in CAPFs Exam 2022
“It is reiterated in the interest of the candidates that candidates desirous of Constable (GD) in Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs), SSF in Assam Rifles, Rifleman (GD) and Constable in Narcotics Control Bureau Examination, 2022 should submit their application . Apply online much before the closing date i.e. 30.11.2022 and do not wait till the closing date to avoid the possibility of outage/inability or failure to log in to the website due to heavy traffic on the server during the closing days”, reads official notification.
SSC GD recruitment 2022 application fee
The SSC GD Constable recruitment application fee is ₹100. Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) and Ex-servicemen (ESM) eligible for reservation are exempted from payment of fee.
SSC Constable SSC GD Constable recruitment : How to apply
- Go to website ssc.nic.in
- Click on Register on the homepage and then login
- Click on Apply Online and select the link for SSC GD
- Fill the form and pay the fees
- Submit the form and take a print out for future reference.
SSC GD 2022
Staff Selection Commission has released SSC GD Constable Notification PDF to recruit 24369 candidates for the post of General Duty Constable. Candidates who have passed 10th/Matriculation from any recognized board can apply for SSC GD 2022 from 27th October to 30th November 2022. The last date to pay the application fee is 01 December 2022 and the exam will be conducted tentatively in January 2023. , People who fulfill the eligibility criteria can fill the SSC GD Constable Recruitment 2022 Online Form before the last date through the direct link shared here. Also, you can download the notification PDF from the direct link mentioned in the post.
SSC GD Recruitment 2022 Latest Updates
- 08 November 2022: The final result of the year 2021 has been released. Candidates who appeared for the DV/DME and RME held from 12th September to 04th October for the recruitment of 25271 Constable posts can check their result through the direct link given below.
- 27 October 2022: The Commission has released SSC GD 2022 Notification PDF for 24369 vacancies of General Duty Constable.
- 09 September 2022: The exam date for SSC GD 2022 Document Verification is 12 September 2022. Eligible candidates can download the admit card through the direct link mentioned in this post.
- 12 August 2022: The Commission released the result for SSC GD 2022.
- 12 March 2022: The exam date and admit card for the physical test of SSC GD 2022 has been released.
- 28 March 2022: Final answer key for SSC GD 2022 released!
- 25 March 2022: SSC GD Constable Result Out! SSC GD Constable 2021 result has been declared.
SSC GD Constable 2022 Notification
SSC GD 2022 Notification for General Duty Constables has been released on 27 October 2022 on the official site of Staff Selection Commission. It is an excellent opportunity for 10+2 passed candidates who want to make their career as General Duty Constable in BSP. , Rifleman in CISF, ITBP, CRPF, and AR. We have provided the direct link to download the SSC GD 2022 Notification once it is available on the official website. SSC GD Notification PDF contains all the important information related to the recruitment drive like syllabus, vacancy, exam date, exam pattern etc.
Along with releasing the notification PDF, the commission has also activated the online application link and it will remain active till 30 November 2022. SSC GD 2022 is one of the biggest exams conducted by the Staff Selection Commission. Candidates must be thoroughly familiar with all the details of SSC GD Exam to crack it with good marks. If you are preparing for this exam, then you must scroll down to know the SSC GD 2022 syllabus, exam pattern, vacancy, exam dates.
SSC GD Exam Date 2022
SSC GD 2022 Exam Date is yet to be released by the Staff Service Commission. However, as per the official recruitment notification, the commission will conduct the SSC GD Constable Exam 2022 in January 2023. You can check the tentative SSC GD exam date in the table below.
|Events||SSC GD Important Date|
|SSC GD Notification Release Date 2022||27 October 2022|
|Application Form Start Date||27 October 2022|
|Last Date to Apply Online for SSC GD 2022||30 November 2022|
|SSC GD Constable Exam Date 2022||January 2023|
SSC GD Exam Dates 2021
Check out the SSC GD exam dates for the previous year below:
|SSC GD Notification Release Date||17 July 2021|
|SSC GD Constable Application Form Start Date||17 July 2021|
|Last Date to Apply Online for SSC GD||31 August 2021|
|SSC GD Constable Exam Date||16 November to 15 December 2021|
|SSC GD Result 2022||25 March 2022|
|SSC GD Exam Date PET/PST||18 May to 09 June 2022|
|SSC GD Physical exam admit card release date||18 May 2022|
|Result declaration||12 August 2022|
|SSC GD Exam Date for DV/DEV||12 September 2022|
|Final result date||08 November 2022|
SSC GD 2022 Overview
Some important highlights of SSC GD Constable 2022 are summarized below. With the help of this table, you can know all the relevant details about SSC GD Recruitment 2022.
|Name of exam||SSC GD Constable|
|Exam Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission|
|Post name||Constable (General Duty) and Rifleman (General Duty)|
|Selection stages of SSC GD 2022||Computer-Based Test (CBE)Physical Efficiency Test (PET) & Physical Standard Test (PST)Medical Exam|
|Mode of exam||Online|
|Exam language||English and Hindi|
What is SSC GD 2022?
Staff Selection Commission conducts SSC GD Constable exam to recruit potential candidates for General Duty posts in various divisions. The full form of SSC GD Constable is Staff Selection Commission General Duty, which is a type of recruitment drive conducted by SSC and developed by Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) to select candidates for General Duty Constables in Para-Military Forces . The forces for recruitment of Constable (General Duty) are:
- Border Security Force (BSF)
- Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
- Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
- Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)
- Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB)
- National Investigation Agency (NIA)
- Secretariat Security Force (SSF)
SSC GD Constable Vacancy
Staff Selection Commission has announced the total vacancies for SSC GD with its official notification on 27th October 2022. As per the SSC GD notification, the commission has come out with 24369 constable vacancies for both male and female candidates this year. Knowing the number of vacancies gives information about the cut-off as both are related. If the number of vacancies is more, then the cut off will be less. Conversely, if there are fewer vacancies, then the cut off for SSC GD will be higher. The vacancy distribution for SSC GD 2022 exam is given in the table below.
The commission releases division-wise vacancies for both male and female candidates. Last year, a total of 25271 GD Constable vacancies were released. We have given the complete break-up of SSC GD 2021 Vacancy below for your reference:
SSC GD Vacancy for Female
The commission announced 2847 vacancies for female candidates. Out of which 1230 are for General Category, 616 for OBC, 410 for SC and 318 for ST candidates.
|SSC GD Constable Vacancy for Female|
SSC GD Vacancy for Male
A total of 22424 vacancies are released for the male candidates. Check out the category-wise vacancy distribution of SSC GD in the table below.
|SSC GD Constable Vacancy for Male|
SSC GD Constable 2022 Apply Online
The online application link for SSC GD 2022 has been activated with the release of the notification PDF. The commission has opened the registration window from 27 October to 30 November 2022. However, the last date for online fee payment is 01 December till 11 PM. All aspirants can register themselves for SSC GD on or before 30 November 2022 by clicking on the link given below.
Steps to Apply Online for SSC GD Constable 2022
- To apply online for SSC Ground Duty Constable 2022, visit the official website of SSC.
- Click on the “Register or Login” link.
- Now click on the link “GD-Constable”.
- Submit your valid details in the application form.
- Now submit the GD Constable Form.
- You will get a registration number, save the registration number for future reference.
SSC GD Constable Application Fee
In order to successfully submit the online form, candidates have to pay the application fee based on their category. Check the table below to know the application fee for SSC GD exam.
|Category||SSC GD 2022 Application Fee|
SSC GD Eligibility
Candidates who aspire to become General Duty Constable and are planning to appear in the upcoming exam must be well aware of SSC GD Eligibility 2022. Candidates who will satisfy all the three eligibility criteria of SSC GD 2022 which include educational qualification, age limit and physical fitness. Requirements will be able to fill the online application form and be considered for SSC GD.
SSC GD Educational Qualification
- The candidates who are planning to appear in SSC GD 2022 must have passed the 10th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized board.
SSC GD 2022 Age Limit
- The minimum age to apply for GD Constable should be 18 years and the maximum age should be 23 years. However, age relaxation is given to candidates in the reserved category.
SSC GD Age Relaxation
Candidates belonging to the reserved categories can seek age relaxation. The upper age limit is different for every category which we have elaborated in the table below.
|Category||Upper Age Relaxation|
|ST/SC/ Children and dependents of victims died in the 1984 riots OR communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (GEN)/ Domiciled in the State of J&K during the period from 1st Jan 1980 to 31st Dec 1989 (GEN)||28|
|Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST)/ Domiciled in the State of J&K during the period from 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989 (OBC)/ Children and dependents of victims died in the 1984 riots OR communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (OBC)||31|
|Domiciled in the State of J&K during the period from 1st Jan 1980 to 31st Dec 1989 (SC/ST)/ Children and dependents of victims died in the 1984 riots OR communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (SC/ST)||33|
SSC GD 2022 Exam Pattern
All the candidates who are willing to appear for the SSC GD Constable 2022 exam must check the SSC GD Exam Pattern below. There will be 3 stages and the first stage is Computer Based Examination. There will be 4 sections in the exam: General Intelligence & Reasoning, General Knowledge & General Awareness, Elementary Mathematics and English/ Hindi. Have a look at the detailed exam pattern for SSC GD 2022 below.
|A||General Intelligence & Reasoning||20||40||60 Minutes|
|B||General Knowledge and Awareness||20||40|
SSC GD Constable Physical Efficiency Test
After qualifying the CBT 1 exam, candidates will have to appear for the Physical Efficiency Test where they will be shortlisted on the basis of their fitness. Those who cover the distance in stipulated time will be called for Physical Measurement Test. Check the PET pattern for SSC GD 2022 in the table below for male and female candidates.
|Type||For Male Candidates||For Female Candidates|
|Race||5 Km||1.6 Km|
|Time||24 minutes||8.5 minutes|
SSC GD Medical Test Details
Those who will sail through all the stages of the SSC GD Constable exam will be asked to appear for the medical test where their eyesight will be tested.
|Visual Acuity Unaided||Uncorrected Visual Acuity||Refraction||Colour Vision|
|Near Vision||Distant Vision||–||–|
|Better Eye||Worse Eye||Better Eye||Worse Eye||–||–|
|N6||N9||6/6||6/9||Visual correction of any kind is not permitted even by glasses||CP-2|
SSC GD 2022 Syllabus
Candidates must be aware of the SSC GD Syllabus along with its subject wise important topics. The syllabus is an important step of preparation for the candidates as it introduces them to the important topics and sections with maximum weightage to tread the path of success. The entire syllabus of SSC GD 2022 is divided into 4 sections which are General Awareness, English/Hindi, General Intelligence & Reasoning and Elementary Mathematics. We have listed the syllabus for SSC GD 2022 as per the new exam pattern below for your reference.
- General Awareness: Scientific Inventions, Important Dates, Sports, Awards & Honors, Economy, Culture, Geography, Indian/World History, General Polity etc.
- English/Hindi: Comprehension Writing Sentence Formation, Synonyms-Antonyms, Para Jumbles, Fill in the Blanks, Cloze Test etc.
- General Intelligence and Reasoning: Spatial visualization, spatial orientation, observation, visual memory, arithmetical reasoning, verbal reasoning, non-verbal reasoning, analogies, coding-decoding, similarities and differences, etc.
- Elementary Mathematics: Number Systems, Percentages, Averages, Ratio and Proportion, Interests, Profit and Loss, Discount, Mensuration, Time and Distance, Fundamental Arithmetic Operations, Time and Work etc.
SSC GD Salary
|Dues||SSC GD Pay Scale|
|Dearness Allowance (@17%)||3,808|
|Hair Cutting Allowance||45|
|Soap Toilet Allowance||45|
|GPF/ DCPS Subscription||2,621|
SSC GD 2022 Selection Process
Applicants who meet the SSC GD age limit must go through the SSC GD selection process thoroughly. Also note down the exam pattern and understand it before preparation. The selection process for SSC GD 2022 is based on 3 major factors which we have explained below:
- Written Test or Computer Based Test: It is an objective type paper carrying 100 marks. Please note that the duration of the exam for Computer Based Examination (CBE) is 90 minutes. There will be total 4 sections and each section will carry 25 marks.
- Physical Standard Test and Physical Efficiency Test: The Physical Standard Test or PET consists of running for both men and women. Candidates who qualify PET will be called for Final Medical Test round which is the third and final stage of selection.
- Medical Test: After successfully completing the PET, you will have to submit the report for your medical fitness which includes visual and physical fitness.
SSC GD 2022 Previous Year Question Paper
It is very important to include SSC GD previous year papers in your preparation strategy if you want to score well in the exam. With previous year papers, you will get an idea of the exam pattern, time management and difficulty level. You can download SSC GD Constable Previous Year Paper PDF from the link given below:
SSC GD 2022 Admit Card
The admit card for SSC GD exam will be issued separately for each stage. Admit card for PET will be issued to those candidates who have qualified the CBT exam. The commission will issue the SSC GD Admit Card 10 days prior to the exam date. Candidates must download their admit card from the official website only as no hardcopy or soft copy will be sent to them. You can also bookmark this page because here we will provide you the direct link to download admit card for SSC GD 2022.
It is an essential document to enter the exam center and appear in the exam. Candidates must bring one Government ID proof along with the admit card to prove their identity while appearing for the exam.
Steps to SSC GD Constable Admit Card 2022
- Visit the official site of SSC
- Click on the ‘SSC GD 2022 Admit Card’ Link
- Now submit your login details (Password and Registration Number)
- Your admit card will appear on your computer screen
- Download and take a printout for future use
SSC GD Exam Analysis
Knowing the detailed analysis of SSC GD Exam will give you important information which you must go through before starting your preparation. why did you ask SSC GD analysis is mandatory for the candidates to know the difficulty level of questions, important topics and number of good attempts to take their preparation forward in the right direction. Also, it is one of the most demanding exams, and a comprehensive analysis can give candidates an idea about memory-based question papers, topics with maximum weightage, and the ideal number of attempts required to crack the exam.
Books for SSC GD
Lakhs of candidates appear for the SSC GD exam every year, and hence, it is important to choose the best books for its preparation. Listed below are some of the best SSC GD books that every aspirant must have in their study drawer.
- SSC GD Books for General Intelligence and Reasoning: General Intelligence and Test of Reasoning by S Chand; Analytical Reasoning by Manohar Pandey
- SSC GD Maths Books: Play with Advanced Maths by Abhinay Sharma; Elementary and Advanced Mathematics (Kiran Publications)
- SSC GD Constable General Knowledge Books: General Knowledge by Lucent; General Knowledge (Arihant)
- SSC GD English & Hindi Language Book: English for General Competition (KD Publications; Modern Hindi Grammar & Composition (Hindi).
Preparation Tips for SSC GD Recruitment 2022
Cracking SSC GD 2022 is not an easy exam. However, with the right preparation strategy, one can easily crack it. Listed below are some preparation tips that one must follow while preparing for SSC GD Exam.
- To make SSC GD preparation more systematic, candidates must start by preparing a timetable. Stagger your study hours when you feel you are most productive.
- Focus on understanding the concepts and when you do that, start solving sample papers.
- Evaluate your performance by solving SSC GD mock test and previous year question paper. This will make you aware of your weak areas and create a strategy to solve maximum questions in minimum time.
- You can also enroll yourself for SSC GD online coaching classes to cover the syllabus in minimum time.
SSC GD 2022 Mock Test
Attempting SSC GD mock tests will help you lead the way to excellence. With regular practice of mock tests, you can increase your speed to solve questions in minimum time. It will also help you understand your strengths and weaknesses so that you can work on them. Also, it will make you familiar with the real exam scenario of SSC GD.
SSC GD Answer Key
Staff Selection Commission releases the answer key after successfully conducting the exam. This will help the candidates to get a rough idea about the marks obtained in the exam and also give a chance to challenge the answer key if they find any answer unsatisfactory. We will share the direct link of SSC GD Exam Answer Key as soon as it is released.
Steps to Download Answer Key for SSC GD
- Go to the official website of SSC
- On the homepage, click on the answer key tab. You will be redirected to a new webpage.
- Click on the link which reads, “SSC GD Constable 2022 Exam Answer Key”
- A new PDF will open. Click on the link given in PDF.
- Enter your roll number and date of birth to download your SSC GD answer key.
SSC GD 2022 Cut Off
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will release the SSC GD Constable Cut Off after the result is declared. However, you can get an idea about the SSC GD cut off by looking at the previous year cut off marks. Below, we have provided category wise cut-off details for SSC GD Exam.
SSC GD Constable Cut-Off 2018
|SSC GD Constable|
|Post Code||Area||Category||Vacancies||Filled||SSC GD Cut-off Details|
|Marks||Part-A Marks||Part-B Marks||Date of Birth (DD-MM-YYYY)|
SSC GD Constable Result 2022
The commission has declared the result of SSC GD 2022 for DV/DME & RME exam in PDF format along with roll numbers and names of candidates recruited for the post of General Duty Constable on 08 November 2022. The direct link to check the result is given below. For your reference.
SSC GD Constable Result for the exam held from 16 November to 15 December 2021 is released on the official site along with the final marks on 25 March 2022. The Computer Based Examination was conducted in various shifts across the country for a total of 25271 vacancies. You can check result for SSC GD 2022 from the direct link given below. List of male and female candidates provisionally selected for appointment to NIA, SSF and CAPFs on the basis of Constable (GD) in CAPFs, NIA, SSF and Rifleman (GD) in Assam Rifles Examination, 2022 is given. pdf below.
Steps to Check SSC GD 2022 Result
- Visit the official site of SSC
- Click on the result link and enter your login credentials
- The result for SSC GD will appear on your computer screen
- Download your SSC GD result and save it for future reference.