XAT 2023: XLRI, Jamshedpur will close the application form window of XAT 2023 in online mode today. Candidates are required to fill the XAT 2023 Application Form before midnight at xatonline.in. Get Direct Link Here
The online registration process for XAT 2023 exam ends today, December 11, 2022. The registration window for XAT 2023 exam will close tonight at 11:59 PM. Candidates who wish to take the XAT 2023 exam and want to secure a seat in XLRI, which is one of the most sought after management colleges in India, need to register online at xatonline.in and submit the XAT 2023 application form before the deadline. Have to do
XAT Exam Highlights
XAT is a speed based test of three hours. Check out the main highlights of the XAT exam in the table below:
|XAT Full Form||Xavier Aptitude Test|
|Conducting Body||XLRI, Jamshedpur|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam Duration||3.10 hours|
|Exam Syllabus||Decision MakingVerbal & Logical AbilityQuantitative Ability & Data InterpretationGeneral KnowledgeEssay Writing|
|Exam Pattern||100 questions in MCQ format|
|Exam Fees||INR 2,000 (all categories)|
|Exam Purpose||Admission to 1,000+ MBA colleges|
|No. of test takers||Nearly 95,000|
|No. of Test Cities||79 (in 2023)|
|Exam Helpdesk No.||18002674008|
XAT 2023 exam will be conducted on January 8, 2023 from 2:00 PM to 05:10 PM. XAT 2023 admit card will be issued on December 20, 2022. XAT exam is a prestigious management entrance exam conducted by XAMI (Xavier’s Association of Management Institutes).
Apart from the prestigious XLRI – Xavier School of Management (formerly Xavier Labor Relations Institute), the other 11 members of XAMI also use XAT scores for admission to various management programmes. Moreover, more than 100 institutes across the country accept XAT score for admission.
XAT 2023 Exam Timeline: Important Dates
|XAT 2023 Exam Online Applications Start||August 10, 2022 (From 12:00 Noon)|
|XAT 2023 Exam Application Ends||December 11, 2022 (Till 11:59 PM)|
|Release of XAT 2023 Admit Cards||December 20, 2022|
|XAT 2023 Exam Date||January 8, 2023 (2:00 PM to 05:10 PM)|
XAT 2023 Exam Application Fee
XAT 2023 exam application fee is Rs 2000 for all Indian applicants. Furthermore, candidates who wish to apply for XLRI programs need to pay an additional Rs. 200 per XLRI programme. XAT 2023 application fee for Indian candidates applying through GMAT score is Rs. 2500. Foreign or NRI candidates applying through GMAT for one or more programs need to pay XAT 2023 application fee of Rs. 5000.
XAT 2023 Exam: How to Apply?
Candidates seeking admission in XLRI or other XAMI member institutes can apply for XAT 2023 exam online at xatonline.in. However before applying, candidates are advised to read the instructions and XAT 2023 bulletin thoroughly. The steps to register and apply online for XAT 2023 are given below for reference:
- Visit the official website of XAT 2023 – xatonline.in
- On the homepage, click on the “Register” link at the top right corner
- Register for XAT 2023 using your basic details like name, contact and email and choose a password
- Verify the link sent to your email and proceed to fill XAT 2023 Application Form using your credentials and password
- Thereafter, go to the ‘Application Form’ tab and fill the form completely by providing your educational, and professional details (if any).
- Upload Photo, Signature and ID Proof
- Select your XLRI program preference (if any)
- Select your preferred XAT 2023 Test City
- Pay XAT 2023 Application Fee Online
- submit form
- Download and save the submitted XAT 2023 Application Form for future reference
XAT Exam Pattern and Test Structure
XAT exam is conducted in online mode and the question paper consists of 100 MCQs to be solved in 180 minutes. However, the XAT exam pattern was revised in 2022. The essay writing was restarted and the time duration was extended by 10 minutes. XAT exam has sectional timing. Thus, candidates are advised to maintain sufficient speed in all the four sections so that they can solve the paper within the time limit. Each correct attempt carries one mark and each wrong attempt carries -0.25 marks. Here are the salient features of XAT exam pattern:
|XAT Sections||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|Verbal and Logical Ability||26||26|
|Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation||28||28|
|Essay||1||(To be evaluated upon shortlisting)|
XAT Exam 2023: Syllabus
XAT exam has a syllabus which is similar to other MBA exams in India. Only decision making and essay writing sections are found in XAT. Here is a brief outline of the XAT syllabus for all the sections
|Verbal & Logical Ability||Vocabulary, Para jumble, Grammar, Fill in the blanks, Analogy, Binary Logic, etc.|
|Decision Making||Data Arrangement, Assumptions, Complex Arrangement, Conclusions etc.|
|Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation||Mensuration, Algebra, Geometry, Caselets, Data charts, Tables, etc.|
|General Knowledge||Economics and Finance, Books, Authors, Constitution of India, Current Affairs, etc.|
XAT 2023 Answer Key
The XAT 2023 answers will be published by XLRI a few days after the conclusion of the XAT 2023 Exam. The below-mentioned steps can be followed to check XAT 2023 Answer Key.
- Go to xatonline.in
- Locate the link for XAT 2023 Answer Key on the homepage
- Click on the link.
- Enter your password and XAT id.
- Click on the submit button
- The answer key will appear on the screen
XAT 2023 Result
XAT 2023 Result will be declared three weeks after the conclusion of the exam. To download the results, the candidates can follow the following steps.
- Go to the official XAT website.
- Log in to your portal.
- Locate and click on the tab of results.
- Check your result.
- Download XAT Scorecard.
XAT 2023 Scorecard
The candidates will find the following details in their XAT 2023 Scorecard.
- Name of the candidate
- Exam Date
- Date of Birth of the candidate
- XAT ID
- Test details
- The validity date of XAT scorecard
- Exam Center Venue
- Date of release of XAT result
- Sectional Percentages and Percentiles
- Note to candidate
XAT 2023 Cut-off
XAT 2023 Cutoff will be released immediately after the declaration of the result. The XAT 2023 result is expected to be declared during the 4th week of January 2023. It is advised that the candidates check the following previous year’s cutoff for XLRI to get a reference for this year’s cutoff.
XLRI PGDM-BM 2022
|Sectional & Overall Cutoffs||XAT Cut off for Male Candidates||XAT Cut off for Female Candidates|
XLRI PGDM-HRM 2022
|Category of Candidate||VALR||DM||QA||XAT|
XAT 2023 Registration Process
- In case the candidate is unable to complete the application form in one go, he/she can save the data already entered by selecting “SAVE & NEXT” tab. Before submitting the online application candidates are advised to use the “SAVE AND NEXT” facility to verify the details in the online application form and modify the same if required. Visually Impaired candidates should fill in the application form carefully and verify the details to ensure that they are correct before final submission.
- Candidates are advised to carefully and self verify the details filled in the online application as no changes will be possible after clicking on the final submit button.
- The name of the candidate or his/her father’s name/mother’s name etc. should be spelled correctly in the application as it appears in the certificate/mark sheet/identity proof. Any alteration/changes found may lead to disqualification of the candidature.
- Candidates can proceed to upload the scanned photograph and signature as per the specifications given in the guidelines
- Candidates can proceed to fill the educational and work experience details of the application form.
- Click on the preview tab to preview and verify the complete application form before final submit.
- Modify the details, if required, and click on “Submit” only after verifying and ensuring that the photograph, signature and other details uploaded by you are correct. ‘Applicant details cannot be edited once the application form is submitted after payment.’
- If you want to study in XLRI then select the XLRI program as per your choice. (Through XAT or GMAT)
- Select XAT Test City Preference. Candidates can select 2 preferred test cities while filling the XAT application form. Candidates are advised to select the test city closest to their city of residence. However, the final authority to allot the TEST CITY rests with the authority. (You can edit the test city preference only once before November 30, 2022.)
- Click on the “Payment” tab and proceed for payment.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
- The photograph should be a recent passport size color photograph.
- The photograph should be in colour, against a light coloured, preferably white, background.
- Look straight at the camera with a relaxed face.
- If the picture was taken on a sunny day, have the sun behind you, or position yourself in the shade, so you’re not squinting and there are no harsh shadows.
- If you must use a flash, make sure there is no “red-eye”.
- If you wear glasses make sure there are no reflections and your eyes can be seen clearly.
- Hats, caps and dark glasses are not acceptable. Religious headwear is allowed but it must not cover your face.
- Make sure that the size of the scanned image should be between 20KB-50KB. If the file size is more than 50KB, then adjust the settings of the scanner like DPI resolution, no. of colors etc. during the process of scanning.
- The applicant has to sign on white paper with black ink pen.
- The signature should be signed by the applicant only and not by any other person.
- The signature will be used on the Admit Card and wherever necessary.
- The applicant’s signature as obtained on the admit card and attendance sheet at the time of examination must match with the uploaded signature. In case of mismatch, the candidate may be disqualified.
- Make sure that the size of the scanned image should be between 20KB – 50KB.
- Scanning of Photograph and Signature
- Set the scanner’s resolution to a minimum of 200 dpi (dots per inch).
- Set Color to True Color.
- File size as mentioned above.
- Crop the image in the scanner to the edge of the photograph/signature, then use the upload editor to crop the image to the final size (as specified above).
- Image file should be in JPG or JPEG format. An example file name is: image01.jpg or image01.jpeg Image dimensions can be checked by listing the folder files or by moving the mouse over the file image icon. Candidates using MS Windows/MS Office can easily obtain the photo and signature in .jpeg format not exceeding 50 KB by using MS Paint or MS Office Picture Manager. The scanned photograph and signature in any format can be saved in jpg format using ‘Save As’ option in the File menu and reduce the size to 50 kb (photograph and signature) by using crop and then resize option. can be reduced.
Payment of fee
- XAT Registration Fee – Rs. 2000/-
- Candidates interested in XLRI programs have to pay an additional fee of Rs. 200/- each.
- Indian candidates can apply for PGDM (GM) through GMAT/GRE whereas NRI/Foreign Nationals can apply through GMAT for all programmes. Please note that GRE scores are valid only for PGDM (GM).
- Fee for Indian candidates applying for PGDM (GM) through GMAT/GRE – Rs. 2500/-
- Fee for NRI/Foreign candidates applying for one or more programs through GMAT – Rs. 5000/-
XAT 2023 Exam Center
XLRI will host the XAT 2023 exam on 8th January 2023. Considering the increasing number of applicants, XLRI has increased the number of test cities from the previous 46 XAT test cities to 72. XAT 2023 exam participants can choose two preferred exam cities while applying for XAT 2023 exam from the following.
|Bokaro Steel City||Kolkata||Tiruvallur|
|Nasik||Mysuru (Mysore)||Gandhi Nagar|
Admit Card Date : 20 Dec, 2022
|Mode of Exam||online|